Hospice and Palliative Medicine
Danville, PA, United States, 17821
Geisinger is seeking a Hospice and Palliative Medicine-certified or HPM board -eligible physician to join our well-established and growing team of palliative care providers at Geisinger Medical Center, located in Danville, PA.
Join our team of five palliative medicine physicians, two nurse practitioners, one hospice liaison, and one nurse navigator. Our program has ACGME-accredited hospice and palliative medicine fellowship which has been approved for two fellows per year since 2011.
The position will:
• Provide inpatient and outpatient care for more than 1,400 consults per year. Inpatient care is provided as a consultative service and inpatient palliative care unit. Outpatient service is mainly located in Danville with plan for expansion.
• Work closely with all clinical services within the health system in the care of patients with advance illness for symptom management and advance care planning.
• Have opportunity to work and educate medical students, residents and palliative medicine fellows.
• Provide an opportunity to develop special interests and research in the field of palliative medicine.
• Experience opportunity to interact with palliative medicine physicians across the system at our two other sites.
Interested applicants, please send CV and letter of interest to: Dr. Mellar Davis, Director - Palliative Medicine, c/o Julie Dent, Talent Management, firstname.lastname@example.org
At Geisinger, we’ve been focused on advancing the future of health for more than a century. Today we continue with MyCode Community Health Initiative, our ground-breaking genomics program, to ensure patients get the best diagnosis possible. What you do at Geisinger shapes the future of health and improves lives – for our patients, communities, and you.
This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the most innovative integrated health care systems with the opportunity to drive change, continuously improve care delivery. As one of the nation’s largest health services organizations, Geisinger serves more than 3 million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania. The system is comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including a 1,600-member multi-specialty group practice, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers and a 583,000-member health plan, and a commitment to medical education, research and community service.
Not a J-1 Opportunity
To apply send your resume to:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Attn: Julie Dent