Health Equity Workshop Series: Key Insights to Implement Equity-focused Models
Wednesday, May 32 p.m. - 3:15 p.m. ET
Wednesday, May 244 p.m. - 5:15 p.m. ET
- May 3: Implementing Systematic Processes to Ensure Racial Equity in Palliative Care Services
- May 24: Expanding the Care Team: Navigation Programs to Bridge Gaps for Black Patients Living with Serious Illness, and their Caregivers
As a result of structural racism and implicit bias, Black patients living with serious illness experience poor pain management, ineffective communication from care teams, an outsized burden on family caregivers, and disparities in access to palliative care services. Although palliative care is not the only solution to these inequities, it is an important part of moving the needle toward more equitable, high-quality care for this community.
This series of interactive webinars features leaders who have successfully implemented equity-focused models and interventions to address the palliative care needs of Black patients with serious illness. Presenters will share key insights about the implementation of their models, and attendees will brainstorm ideas about implementing their own equity-specific improvement activities at their institutions.
- 15-minute presentations of two different models
- 20-minute breakouts
- 20-minute Q&A
- 15-minute closing/wrap-up
- This workshop is discussion-based and will include breakouts to facilitate connection and problem-solving.
- We recommend enabling your video during the breakout sessions.
- Some content may be available to CAPC members on-demand after the event.
Space is limited, we recommend registering early.
Brittany Chambers, MPH, MCHES
Director, Health Equity and Special Initiatives
Katie DeMarco, DNP, MSHS, APN, ACHPN
Clinical Supervisor, Pain & Palliative Medicine Institute
Palliative Medicine APN
Kara Bischoff, MD
Associate Professor, Medical Director
UCSF Outpatient Palliative Care Service
Sarah Nouri, MD, MPH
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Division of Palliative Medicine, UCSF
Marisa Hamilton, MSW, LCSW, APHSW-C
Social Worker, Pain and Palliative Medicine
Hackensack University Medical Center
Clyde W. Oden, Jr., OD, MPH, MBA, MDiv
Assistant Director of the A.C. Care Alliance – Advanced Illness Care Program (ACCP-AICP)
J. Nicholas Dionne-Odom, PhD, RN, ACHPN
Associate Professor, School of Nursing, University of Alabama at Birmingham
Co-Director, Caregiver …