For Patients and Families
Education in Pediatric Palliative Care
- The pediatrician and childhood bereavement. American Academy of Pediatrics. Committee on Psychosocial Aspects of Child and Family Health. Pediatrics 2000;105:445-7.
- Andreoni VM, Obrecht JA, Bowden VR. Palliative care resources for the health professional. MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 2007;32:305-10.
- Davies B, Brenner P, Orloff S, Sumner L, Worden W. Addressing spirituality in pediatric hospice and palliative care. J Palliat Care 2002;18:59-67.
- Jones BL. Pediatric palliative and end-of-life care: the role of social work in pediatric oncology. J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 2005;1:35-61.
- Kolarik RC, Walker G, Arnold RM. Pediatric resident education in palliative care: a needs assessment. Pediatrics 2006;117:1949-54.
- Malloy P, Sumner E, Virani R, Ferrell B. End-of-life nursing education consortium for pediatric palliative care (ELNEC-PPC). MCN Am J Matern Child Nurs 2007;32:298,302; quiz 303-4.
- McCabe ME, Hunt EA, Serwint JR. Pediatric residents' clinical and educational experiences with end-of-life care. Pediatrics 2008;121:e731-7.
- Rushton CH, Reder E, Hall B, Comello K, Sellers DE, Hutton N. Interdisciplinary interventions to improve pediatric palliative care and reduce health care professional suffering. J Palliat Med 2006;9:922-33.