For Patients and Families
Access to Palliative Care
- America's Care of Serious Illness: A State-by-State Report Card on Access to Palliative Care in Our Nation's Hospitals 2008 (http://www.capc.org/reportcard/). 2009;.
- Goldsmith B, Dietrich J, Du Q, Morrison RS. Variability in access to hospital palliative care in the United States. J Palliat Med 2008;11:1094-102.
- Gwyther L, Brennan F, Harding R. Advancing palliative care as a human right. J Pain Symptom Manage 2009;38:767-74.
- Morrison RS, Maroney-Galin C, Kralovec PD, Meier DE. The growth of palliative care programs in United States hospitals. J Palliat Med 2005;8:1127-34.
- Pan CX, Morrison RS, Meier DE, et al. How prevalent are hospital-based palliative care programs? Status report and future directions. J Palliat Med 2001;4:315-24.
- Tilden LB, Williams BR, Tucker RO, MacLennan PA, Ritchie CS. Surgeons' attitudes and practices in the utilization of palliative and supportive care services for patients with a sudden advanced illness. J Palliat Med 2009;12:1037-42.