PCLC at Palliative Care Center of the Bluegrass
View all training dates
(Note: The above list does not guarantee availability. Sessions fill months in advance and registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.)
- Gretchen M. Brown, MSW, President/CEO
- Todd Cote, MD, Medical Director
- Lexington, Kentucky
- Consult services developed by community hospice in collaboration with partner hospitals
- Serves two community hospitals with multidisciplinary consult teams, and operates an outpatient clinic and long-term care consult service
- Insight into hospices cultivating strong relationships with local hospitals
- Experience adding palliative care measures to nursing homes and rehabilitation facilities
- Offers strong hospice billing model
Who Should Train at the PCLC at Bluegrass?
Bluegrass is an excellent option for:
- Teams of health care professionals, including physicians, nurses, social workers, administrators and financial officers
- Community-based hospices
- Community-based hospices with hospital partners
- Hospitals with community partners
- Long-term care facilities
- Home health agencies
- Hospital-based hospices
- Physician practices
- Medical clinics
We have found that PCLC attendees tend to base their decisions on several factors, including geographic proximity, similar institutional setting and particular PCLC offerings.
What Will You Gain from Training at the PCLC at Bluegrass?
Bluegrass can offer attendees:
- Access to three distinct hospice-led, hospital palliative care programs, as well as long-term care, home health care and outpatient programs
- Insight into cultivating strong relationships between hospices and local hospitals
- Tips on serving a largely rural population
- Financial and logistical information on adding palliative care to existing hospice services
- Palliative care billing information for hospices, hospitals and physician practices
- Information on staffing hospital palliative care programs using both hospice and hospital resources
- Concrete plan of action for hospices starting or strengthening a hospital-based palliative care program
- Extensive experience cultivating community-based partnerships
- Strategic plan for implementing palliative care in long-term care, home care and outpatient settings
More About Palliative Care Center of the Bluegrass
The Palliative Care Center of the Bluegrass is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hospice of the Bluegrass, one of the largest not-for-profit hospices in the country serving 700 hospice patients per day. Bluegrass is built on a mature program, an experienced interdisciplinary staff, committed partners, recognized effective leaders and financial stability. Bluegrass operates an outpatient clinic and partners with three community hospitals, long-term care facilities and home health agencies to provide palliative care services to patients and families.
Registration and Travel Information
For tuition information and to register, go to www.capc.org/pclc/tuition.
For specific questions about Bluegrass, including the availability of specific training dates, contact Mary K. Fedorchuk, LCSW, ACHP-SW, PCLC Director at email@example.com or (859) 276-1878, or toll free at (866) 476-1878.
For general questions about the registration process, contact Jennifer Raiten at firstname.lastname@example.org or (212) 201-2683.
The Palliative Care Center of the Bluegrass is located in the city of Lexington, KY and is approximately 10 minutes from Bluegrass Airport.