CAPC Palliative Care Discussion Forum
General Operational Topics

Next Reply: Re:Interface between AD's and POLST
Previous Message: MOLST in New York State
Next Message: orders for initiation of narc drip with prn's

Post Interface between AD's and POLST
Author: juliegethics
Date: Mar 10, 2011 12:41 pm

Our sponsoring state legislator has asked me how would adding POLST affect or change advance directives for people with current directives. I have described the clinical continuum to her. I want to be sure I'm not missing some legal/procedural snafu, however. For example, if a patient has a living will and subsequently completes a POLST and the instructives in the two conflict, what are the implications? Experiences, things to look out for, especially format/legislatively?

IMPORTANT: In order to post a new message or reply to an existing post in the discussion you must login. If you are not a registered member you may join here.
The statements posted in the forum section of capc.org are opinions expressed by website visitors and do not necessarily represent the viewpoints or positions of the Center to Advance Palliative Care(CAPC). CAPC is not responsible for the factual or legal accuracy of any of the statements posted.

For general questions about using the CAPCconnect™ palliative care discussion forum and lost username/password questions, contact Margaret.Schutz@mssm.edu