CAPC Palliative Care Discussion Forum
Billing and Finance

In Reply To: Re:Coding Assistance HELP
Next Reply: Re:Re:Re:Coding Assistance HELP

Post Re:Re:Coding Assistance HELP
Author: Charisse
Date: Jun 3, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi Julie,

Thanks for responding. I have a denial from Medicare for Hospice facility billing. This is our Family Practice MD or NP that go to the facility and bill independently. We are not contracted with them. The claim has a POS 34 and the CPT code is 99335 GV and I have another to share with you that is a POS 34 CPT code 99337 GV.
My other billing person says to use the GV.

I also have a denial for a POS 31 (it's a SNF) and the CPT code 99335. Again, the MD or NP goes there to just do patient visits.

The denial codes for the above 3 examples are CO-5 which is "The procedure code/bill type is inconsistent with the place of service, NOTE: Refer to the 835 Healthcare Policy Identification segment (loop 2110 Service Payment information REF) If Present.

I appreciate any guidance you can give me!

Thank you
Charisse

IMPORTANT: In order to post a new message or reply to an existing post in the discussion you must login. If you are not a registered member you may join here.
The statements posted in the forum section of capc.org are opinions expressed by website visitors and do not necessarily represent the viewpoints or positions of the Center to Advance Palliative Care(CAPC). CAPC is not responsible for the factual or legal accuracy of any of the statements posted.

For general questions about using the CAPCconnect™ palliative care discussion forum and lost username/password questions, contact Margaret.Schutz@mssm.edu