CAPC Web Conference Event
Introducing the Palliative Care Payer Toolkit: How Payers are Supporting Palliative Care
Tuesday, June 24, 2014
1:30—2:30 PM ET
Tom Gualtieri-Reed, MBA
Spragens & Associates, LLC
Emily Warner, JD
Senior Policy Analyst
Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC)
About The Webinar Event
Over the last year, CAPC—in partnership with the National Business Group on Health and the California HealthCare Foundation—has been working on an initiative with payers and providers to describe the ways in which payers are supporting palliative care for their members with serious illness. The initiative will also assist payers and providers in partnering to address the needs of this population.
The result of this effort is the development of a toolkit entitled, “Improving the Care of Serious Illness through Innovative Payer-Provider Partnerships,” available for free download at capc.org/payertoolkit.
This web conference is the first in a series of payer-provider partnership related topics. We will introduce the payer toolkit and review a “payer strategies framework” which categorizes the innovations happening in the field.
This session is intended to help create a better understanding of the mechanisms by which payers can support palliative care principles and practices. This will be important to both support the growth of palliative care and the development of new payer-provider relationships with the emergence of Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and other financial risk-sharing arrangements.
What You'll Learn
- You will be able to describe and better understand the many ways that payers can support palliative care
- You will be able to identify specific examples of innovative programs or products that payers have implemented to improve access to palliative care
- You will be able to develop strategies to form a payer-provider partnership focused on palliative care
Who Should Attend?
- Palliative care team members
- Program directors
- Medical directors
- Quality improvement specialists
- $99 per registered participant, which includes post event recording download
- Web conference event which requires live internet access. Audio portion may be accessed through toll line or through VOIP (computer speakers and/or headset/microphone).
- Payment is online by credit card only
- PowerPoint presentations accompany each event
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a Q&A session with the presenters
- Continuing education credits are not offered for web conferences
- Continue the discussion following the event at CAPCconnect™, the CAPC forum.
Any questions? Contact Margaret Schutz at (212) 201-2670 or email@example.com