@HOMe Support™: The Missing Piece in Health Care Reform
Wednesday, March 20, 2013
1:30—2:30 PM ET
Dorothy (Dottie) Deremo, RN, MSN, MHSA, FACHE
President & CEO
Hospice of Michigan
About the Presentation
The health care landscape is dramatically changing. Both traditional hospice and palliative care models will face efficacy challenges in the emerging Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs ), which are reimbursed through bundled payment structures. Pre-hospice services with evidenced-based research foundations that produce quantifiable outcomes will be the new frontier of palliative care in America. Learn how Hospice of Michigan positioned itself for the future—creating @HOMe Support™, its national, innovative, wholly-owned not-for-profit subsidiary company providing advanced illness management (AIM) services.
What You'll Learn
- Identify how the health care landscape is changing
- Identify the three tiers of chronic disease case management for Organized Systems of Care (OSCs) and ACOs.
- Describe the “care gap” in our current health care system and its impact on quality and cost.
- Describe the research and development of @HOMe Support™ that took 10 years to become an “overnight success.”
- Discuss the implications of the AIM model of care delivery within the changing landscape of health care reform.
Who Should Attend?
Physicians, nurses, social workers, hospital and hospice administrators, chaplains, and others involved in starting or expanding a palliative care program.
- $99 per phone line with Audio-Conference Recording Audio File (MP3) download
- Payment is online by credit card only
- PowerPoint presentations accompany each audio conference
- You will have the opportunity to participate in a live Q&A session with the presenters
- Continue the discussion following the audio conference and post your questions and comments on CAPCconnect™ Forum in the “Hospital and Hospice Partnerships” topic!
- We encourage you to invite your colleagues to listen with you
Any questions? Contact Margaret Schutz at (212) 201-2671 or firstname.lastname@example.org