Financing the Palliative Care Program
Demonstrating how the program contributes to the hospital’s financial viability is necessary to secure administrator support. It is recommended that the team partner with colleagues familiar with the hospital’s financial systems and accounting practices. However, the team may still need to conduct its own data collection and analysis to present the financial case for palliative care.
Financing a Program presents an overview of principles and select spreadsheets useful to conducting financial analyses in support of palliative care programs.
- Estimating Program Volume, LOS and Daily Census
- Forecasting Future Patient Volume
- Estimating Cost Savings
- Estimating Hospital Revenue Enhancement
- Estimating Hospital Billing Revenues
- Estimating Revenues from Physician Billing
- Palliative Care and Philanthropy
- Estimating Costs
CAPC's Guide to Building a Hospital-Based Palliative Care Program expands the information on this website and provides the rationale, detailed steps and tools for conducting a range of financial analyses.